Public Policy Positions of VtPHA
Medicaid / VHAP..
VtPHA is committed to improving the health status of Vermonters by ensuring that all individuals have access to high quality medical and dental health care regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. VtPHA supports continued investment in public primary and preventive care to reduce the need for higher cost interventions. VtPHA supports:
- Maintenance of benefits and eligibility levels for publicly funded medical assistance programs
- Removal of barriers to participation in VHAP
- Continuation of existing programs and research into other strategies to help Vermonters obtain necessary medications at an affordable price
- Increase of Medicaid reimbursement rates to the Medicare level
- Expansion of efforts to enroll Vermonters who are currently eligible, but not enrolled in public programs